Design Innovation Programme
With over 50% of the world’s urban population living in Asian cities and accounting for 50% of global GDP growth, the next chapter of living will be largely written by Asia’s burgeoning urban middle class.
The Design Innovation Programme (DIP) is a pilot funding programme by Enterprise Singapore (ESG) and Singapore Furniture Industries Council (SFIC) with the primary objective of incentivising Singapore-based furniture and furnishings manufacturers / brands to partner with Singapore-based or overseas-based designers or partners to design, produce and launch commercially viable products for Urban Living. DIP is an initiative to support SFIC’s vision for the Singapore Furniture Industry: To become the Asian hub influencing tomorrow’s urban living. Up to 70% funding* will be granted for eligible costs on successful applications.
|Local Enterprise and Association Development (LEAD) Programme via SFIC||Professional fees payable to external Collaborating Designer/Partner shall be funded via SFIC’s LEAD Programme.|
|Enterprise Development Grant (EDG)||Companies shall apply for grant support for eligible expenses via EDG through ESG’s Business Grants Portal, with the exception of professional fees payable to the external Collaborating Designer/Partner.
ESG’s Business Grants Portal may be accessed at https://www.businessgrants.gov.sg/
Criteria for Eligibility*
1. Applicant Criteria
Companies applying for DIP shall meet the following criteria:
• Registered and operating in Singapore
• Have a minimum of 30% local shareholding
Singapore-based design studios who fulfil the above criteria, and wish to partner with another Singapore-based or overseas-based studio to design, produce and launch commercially viable Urban Living products shall be eligible to apply for DIP, subject to assessment by ESG and SFIC.
Each Singapore-based furniture and/or furnishings manufacturer/brand can apply for DIP only once in its 3-year pilot duration. However, each collaborating Singapore-based or overseas-based designer/partner can work with more than one Singapore-based applicant during the 3-year pilot.
2. Eligible Product Categories
Each new Urban Living collection should seek to go beyond just aesthetics, to truly address the needs of urbanites in today’s context, their aspirations and desired lifestyles. Innovation is key. Products or solutions that fall under these broad categories can be considered for DIP:
• Smart furniture & furnishings
• Space-saving furniture & furnishings
• Furniture & furnishings for silver living/the aged
• Health-enhancing furniture & furnishings
• Furniture & furnishings utilising sustainable manufacturing or sustainable use of materials to support urbanites’ more social conscious lifestyle, such as transformation of products at their normal end-of-use life.
As this list is not exhaustive, products or solutions that do not fall into the above categories but fulfil the intent of DIP are still eligible to apply, subject to assessment by ESG and SFIC.
How to Apply
1. For interested designers/partners who would like to collaborate with Singapore-based furniture/furnishings manufacturers, kindly fill in the Expression of Interest form below.
2. For Singapore-based furniture/furnishings manufacturers or brands, kindly email email@example.com for details
Enquiry on Design Innovation Programme
Ms Lee May Ling
Head (Design Development)
Singapore Furniture Industries Council (SFIC)
DID: +65 6505 9161